- We do not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or address. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or subscribing in the publication section of the site.
- Any personal information you do provide is protected in accordance with principles consistent with the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- We use software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site.
- We use per-session cookies. The per-session cookies do not collect personal information about you. Per-session cookies are used to store information within a session (or visit to our web site). These cookies are deposited on a user's computer only while the user is visiting the site and are deleted when the user closes the session. Here is the list of information that we are collecting by using per-session cookies:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address, and the name of your service provider's server. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site;
- The length of each visit;
- The number of requests per visit;
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.);
- Your browser type (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.);
- By keeping this data, we can fine-tune the site based on user-activity trends.
For questions or comments regarding this statement, contact us by e-mail.
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce Notice
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Government of Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Government of Canada. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- The Government of Canada be identified as the source department; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Privy Council Office (PCO). Through the permission granting process, PCO helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact: Public Works and Government Services Canada
Privy Council Office
Room 1000, 85 Sparks Street
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0A3
Telephone: (613) 957-5153
TTY: (613) 957-5741
Fax: (613) 957-5043
Reproduction of Government Symbols
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the "Canada" wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to: email@example.com
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R5
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
The Government of Canada respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. The government is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The government does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content. Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites are not subject to the Privacy Act, the Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question and visitors should research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information.
Some of the information in this website has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information provided by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information.